Holiday Garlands and Ornaments
Pleated fan-fold snowflake fans are simple to make and fun to show. Make little snowflake flowerettes this season with showy, snowy decorations to brighten the mood of any winter holiday gathering or occasion.
This begs the question, How does one describe to someone else exactly how to make a fanfold snowflake?
An engineering type would drag out the old calibrated straightedge rulers and explain the intricacies of complex physics equations while carefully graphing out each tiny curve and line on the page.
As for me, I'd just grab a piece of paper and eyeball approximately 1 inch width then start folding back and forth until I get to the really skinny fold that never matches. Now that seems a lot simpler than the first scenario doesn't it.
I'm never right, by the way, and always end up with one odd end, which I cure with my trusty scissors. One method takes eternity, the other about 30 seconds. Remember, there are no mistakes in art, simply new opportunities...Your move, Grasshopper.
Fantastic pleated snowflake fans are easy to make
Use different colored paper and glue of staple your snowflake fans together to make circular garlands for hanging from the ceiling, window, tree or string from one end of the room to another.
Your pleated snowflake probably won't look exactly like their thumbnail pictures because the thumbnail pictures are computer generated guesses based upon the unfolded designs.
- Print several identical (or different) pattern so that you'll have pieces equal distances.
- Fold the pleats together along the dotted lines and cut out the design (gray areas) on either side of the fold. Take care while cutting that you leave some folded edges intact so your design will stay together
- Once you get the hang of this, you will soon be able to create your own designs or make variations to ours to form different snowflake fans.
- Staple the center of the pleated snowflake paper crosswise in the center then fan out the snowflake pattern. Tape or past the ends together.
- Make tons of snowflake fans and string together to form a garland snowflake chain. Experiment.
- Use Decorative Edge Scissors such as Craft Scissors to give your snowflake fan extra pizzazz!
Family Friendly Paper Crafts for Young Children
ScissorCrafts®.com . All Rights Reserved. Contact / Privacy