Definitions Glossary of Snow Terms
Snowflake translated, The word Snowflake translated into other languages.
Snowflake Glossary of Terms
- Ablation: Most common form of snow
- Blizzard: Winds of at least 35 mph, along with considerable falling or blowing snow that reduces visibility to less than one-quarter mile for at least three hours
- Dendrite: Hexagonal ice crystals with complex and fernlike branches
- Graupel: Sometimes mistaken for hail, these are snowflakes that become rounded pellets due to riming
- Rime: A deposit of ice formed when supercooled water droplets freeze on contact
- Snowbursts: Very intense showers of snow, often of short duration, that greatly restrict visibility and produce periods of rapid snow accumulation
- Snow flurries/snow showers: Snow that falls for short durations and often changes in intensity. Flurries usually result in very little accumulation.
Family Friendly Paper Crafts for Young Children
ScissorCrafts®.com . All Rights Reserved. Contact / Privacy